This blog discusses academic editing. To give you an opportunity to practice proofreading, we have left a few spelling, punctuation, or grammatical errors in the text. See if you can spot them! If you spot the errors correctly, you will be entitled to a 10% discount.
What is Academic Editing
In terms of academic achievement, academic editing is one of the essential requirements. So, taking full advantage of this service will help your project reach its maximum potential and improve the quality of the paper. It also increases the chances of your article to be published in academic peer-reviewed journals.
Besides, Besteditproof.com’s experienced editors will take the stress out your academic life by formatting your citations and references according to the required style guide such as APA style, MLA style, or Harvard style. When you think your paper needs to be checked for errors (e.g., grammar, syntax, spelling, and punctuation), proofreading service may polish your academic writing. (Click here to see the difference between academic editing and proofreading). When you need a more in-depth service, you should look for an academic editing service. The editor will mainly try to guarantee the message you are trying to give the readers is mainly focused, paying attention to paragraph structure and flow of the manuscript to guarantee your paper is at its best. Because the main principal of the academic editing service is to ensure the paper is using a consistent tone throughout the manuscript.
The Advantages of Academic Editing
- Both proofreading and academic editing services aim to correct all errors in grammar, syntax, punctuation, and spelling in an academic paper. When you want to see if the final version of your scientific writing contains any minor errors, you need academic editing.
- When you prefer editing instead of proofreading, you will have a more in-depth service because academic editing requires more of an extra effort from an editor than does academic proofreading. BestEditProof editing service improves the academic quality of your paper. Therefore, academic editing comprises improvements of the content, overall structure, quality of findings and analysis, simplicity, and formatting of your academic document.
- Academic editing mainly makes some essential revisions to improve the standard of the academic manuscript. Hence, the editor sometimes re-writes some parts of the paper. This is particularly vital because an academic editing service aims to guarantee that the primary purpose of your paper is met.
- Academic editing allows you to track and review all revisions that have been made by the editors. When the editor has completed and delivered the job, the client finds the revised version of the project. The paper is returned with all edits visibly marked. All of the revisions, including corrections, suggestions, and comments via the Track-Changes function of Microsoft Office Word, are seen in the margins of the returned paper.
- The track-change function further allows the writer easily to see and follow all the suggestions and changes and to accept or reject the revisions.
- Moreover, there will also be some fundamental comments left by the editor on the right-hand side of the word page. These comments, on the other hand, emphasize the major concern or suggestions about how to solve the problems.
- Furthermore, academic editing involves the formatting of citations and references to the target journal’s or institution’s manuals.
Type of Documents Covered by Academic Editing
Academic editing covers all scientific writings from journal articles to conference proceedings. Here are some examples of the types:
- Undergraduate/graduate essays
- College assignments & reports
- Journal articles
- Research projects
- Dissertations & theses
- Literature reviews
- Case studies
- Systematic reviews
- Cover letters, CVs or résumé for grad school or job applications
- Texts for PowerPoint slides
- Conference proceedings, posters, and presentations
- Scripts for presentations
- Professional letters
- Web content
- Blog posts
- Stories, book manuscripts
- Brochures, booklets, and posters
Keep in mind that in the case of documents edited for publication in a professional journal, an editing company cannot guarantee that the document with academic editing will be accepted for publication. Because a peer-review journal
Need Support for Academic Editing?
If you need professional help for academic editing, proofreading or copyediting, please visit our service page. At BestEditProof, we edit all types of academic documents. Besides, BestEditProof makes the ordering process easier. It’s easy! It takes a few minutes to submit your project and complete the process. You can just visit here to get an online instant quote and see the calculated rate. Click here to see how it works.
Besteditproof.om is an international academic editing company with doctorally qualified/professional editors.BestEditProof has flat-rate pricing based on the type of service, word count, and delivery time. Enter your word count into the pricing calculator and see the calculated rate.
If you need support for academic editing, proofreading, academic writing, or the ordering process, contact us for
If you want to work with us as an editor or blog content writer, please contact besteditproof.com to register as a candidate editor.
For more posts, click here.